The Responding to the Addictions Crisis Grand Challenge is guided by both the Scientific Leadership Team and the Community Advisory Board. Made up of IU faculty and leaders, alongside community members, the boards provide a group of experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences who provide scientific and front-line expertise to help strategically guide the direction of the grand challenge.
Scientific Leadership Team
Börner is the Victor H. Yngve Professor of Engineering and Information Science at the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering at IU Bloomington.
Duwve is an associate professor and associate dean of public health practice at the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI.
Lin is an associate professor of applied health science at the IU School of Public Health-Bloomington.
Mackie is a Jack and Linda Gill Chair at the Gill Center for Biomolecular Science and a distinguished professor of psychological and brain sciences at IU Bloomington.
Pfeifle is associate dean for interprofessional health education and practice at the IU School of Medicine.
Terry is the Hall Render Professor of Law at the Robert H. McKinney School of Law at IUPUI.
Community Advisory Board
- Richard Alvis, president and chief executive officer of Wheeler Mission Ministries.
- Stephanie Anderson, CEO of Resource Residential Treatment Facility.
- Brad Bostic, chairman and CEO of hc1.
- Doug Brenneke, vice president of research and development at Belden.
- Cheryl Buffo, community programs lead for Columbus Regional Health, currently serving as program manager with the Alliance for Substance Abuse Progress.
- Becky Buhner, deputy director of addiction services for Indiana Family and Social Services Administration.
- Dr. Will Cooke, physician at Foundations Family Medicine.
- Greg Ellis, director of the Juvenile Court Program, Child Advocates.
- Dr. Claudie Jimenez, regional medical director at CleanSlate Centers.
- Scott A. Long, mayor of the City of Wabash.
- Dr. Deborah McMahan, former health commissioner for the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health.
- Judge William Nelson, Marion County Superior Court.
- Katrina Norris, superintendent of Richmond State Hospital.
- Jennifer Pferrer, executive director of the Wellness Council of the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
- Justin Phillips, founder and executive director of Overdose Lifeline.
- Michele Saysana, vice president of safety, quality and performance improvement at IU Health.
- Becky Savage, co-founder and president of the 525 Foundation.
- J. Otto Schalk, Harrison County Prosecutor
- Nathaniel Spaulding, access counselor at Fairbanks Hospital.
- The Reverend Bishop Julius C. Trimble, United Methodist Churches of Indiana.
- Peggy Welch, chief advocacy officer at the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration.
- Jeffrey Wittman, school social work and foster youth specialist, Indiana Department of Education.